We are thrilled that you have chosen to pursue treatment at The Institute for Advanced Reconstruction. Your first appointment is a time for us to get to know you and learn more about how we can help you feel better. There are a few things you can do to prepare to ensure a smooth visit.
Your First Appointment
How to Prepare
Complete the patient forms
We ask that you complete any necessary paperwork in advance so our team can best assist you when it’s time to begin treatment. You can find our intake form here.
Review your medical history
While we handle obtaining your past medical records, having as much information as possible will be helpful in determining the best path for care. We may inquire about:
- When your symptoms or condition began
- What treatments you have undergone in the past
- How past treatments have, or have not, been successful
- What you hope to achieve through treatment
Prepare a list of questions
Outlining your questions and concerns in advance will help guide your discussion and ensure you don’t forget anything you’d like to ask. Some common questions we hear include:
- Are there other explanations for my condition?
- Do you recommend additional testing?
- Which treatment do you recommend?
- Are there other treatments I should consider?
- What happens if I decide not to pursue treatment?
- Does the treatment have risks or side effects?
- What would my recovery look like?
- What is the expected outcome with treatment?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- Is it covered by insurance?
Explore Patient Stories
Our revolutionary treatments have helped many patients find relief and comfort they never dreamed possible. Watch their inspiring stories.